- Sizing: How small do they make them?
- I find that shorter handles help to maintain control when painting fine detail.
- Shorter bristles also help to maintain control.
- My brand recommendations coming soon!
- When it comes to handling feathers, less is more! In order to minimize your contact with the feather while painting it, I highly recommend using a backboard of some kind to place your feather on while painting. Stay tuned for a post regarding backboards and an easy, yet efficient way to keep them in place while painting!
- Read my post here regarding easels.
- If you are an acrylic painter, I HIGHLY suggest trying out peel-off palettes if you haven’t already.
- I also recommend purchasing, or making your own moisture-retaining palette.
- You must properly store your feathers before and after you paint them. Stay tuned for an in-depth post that will teach you how to properly store all of your feathers.